To reassure our patients, clients & practitioners, here is a quick update on clinic hygiene etc.beyond our usual stringent standards, in order to keep everyone safe as far as we possibly can:
- Patients should not attend their appointment, but call & let us know if they are experiencing or live with anyone who has experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the last week.
- All patients/clients should wear a face covering when entering & leaving the clinic.
- All appointments are staggered where possible to avoid meeting anyone else other than their practitioner.
- Patients/clients should arrive on time, not too early, to avoid sitting in reception if possible. Although we recognise that elderly and infirm patients may need to.
- Everyone is asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser on arrival in clinic. There are single use hand towels in the washroom & sanitiser in reception & in each room.
- Practitioners will ask patient to sign a form, confirming they have not had or been in contact with anyone who has had COVID symptoms in past week. Temperature will be taken and recorded on this form too.
- Practitioners will wear a visor as a minimum (per government guidelines) for all contact therapies, cleaned between patients, also either a disposable apron or a specific top or tunic for treatments (not to be worn in and out of the clinic). Masks & gloves if appropriate.
- For talking therapies, a social distance of 1-2 metres will be observed. For EMDR a visor will be worn or the screen used.
- Practitioners will leave, at least 15 minutes between patients for cleaning & change of PPE. There are tubs of bio-degradable wipes in each room for cleaning the couch, wipe-able cushions, chairs, desk & door handles, bannisters, reception chairs, loo, taps, door handle & front door handles. Essentially anything that has been touched.
- Single use couch covers and/or couch roll will be used on the couches. Couches must be fully disinfected down between use. Only wipe-able cushions & bolsters are to be used.
- There are screens in place in reception & in one of the rooms.
- Treatments on the front of the face are still not allowed at the moment, sadly, but hopefully that will change soon.
- We also need to ensure we have up to date contact details for each patient/client, just in case we are contacted by track & trace.
We hope to see you (safely) in the clinic soon.
Karen & the team